save HERTSMERE - object to planning REF 23/0937/OUT
Outline planning application for the erection of up to 220 dwellings Land Off Barnet Lane And Furzehill Road Borehamwood Hertfordshire
23/0937/OUT | Outline planning application for the erection of up to 220 dwellings Land Off Barnet Lane And Furzehill Road Borehamwood Hertfordshire
Reasons to Object
1. Green Belt Protection: Proposed land lies within Green Belt, essential for nature preservation and urban containment.
2. Traffic Congestion: Approval risks increasing the already severe traffic congestion on Barnet Lane and Furzehill Road, endangering safety and air quality.
3. Infrastructure Strain: Over development strains infrastructure; more investment needed by the Council for growth.
4. Biodiversity Loss: Development harms biodiversity, contradicting claims of enhancement.
5. Flooding Impact: Existing flooding issues on roundabout by Furzehill Road and Barnet Lane worsen, affecting traffic flow and drainage.
6. Noise Pollution Risk: Noise from busy roads threatens new resident comfort, despite proposed solutions.
7. Access and Safety Concerns: Narrow roads hinder emergency response, pedestrian, and cyclist safety.
8. Unsuitable Cycle Path: Proposed cycle path threatens habitat, steep road risks cyclist safety.
OUR GREEN BELT IS UNDER ATTACK, AT SERIOUS RISK AND NEEDS YOUR HELP
Dear Hertsmere Green Belt supporter,
Thank you for being part of the 18,000 objections against Hertsmere’s draft Local Plan which proposed building over 2,500 acres (almost 15%) of our entire Green Belt.
Your support and objections forced our Councillors to listen and shelve the plan. However, by not providing an acceptable draft Local Plan the first time around, this has put our Green Belt at risk. Without a five-year housing supply, our Green Belt is now open to developer destruction.
Our Local Councillors are there to represent us, so they should be rejecting ALL Green Belt proposals until we as residents can be properly consulted on a new and better Local Plan.
Numerous applications on the Green Belt have been submitted since the Plan was shelved and since approved. The map below highlights the danger facing us all.
We must continue to work together to object to these applications and ensure our elected Councillors listen to us the residents of Hertsmere.
We need your continued support.
If you are a local action group working to protect the Green Belt in your area of Hertsmere, or wish to join our campaign, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to join up and work with us, as together we are stronger.
Object now and register your views
Alternative ways to object and have your say.
Hertsmere Planning Department email@example.com
And… why not email your local councillors!
You can copy the text from our email.
Alpha Bird Collins
Hertsmere Borough Council
3 Elstree Way